Merrimack Valley Credit Union’s Biggest Heart Award Contest Official Rules
- NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS CONTEST. A purchase will not improve your chance to win. Void where prohibited. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- ELIGIBILITY TO PARTICIPATE. In order to participate in the Merrimack Valley Credit Union’s Biggest Heart Award Contest (the “Contest”), both the person nominating (the “Nominator”) and the person being nominated (the “Entrant”) for the Contest must be legal residents of the states of Massachusetts or New Hampshire. Employees, officers and directors of Merrimack Valley Credit Union (collectively, the “Company”), its affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and website providers (individually or collectively, the “Promoters”) and their immediate family members and/or others living in the same household may not participate in the Contest, either as Nominators or as Entrants.
- HOW DO I ENTER? To enter the Contest, the Nominator must fill out an entry form nominating the Entrant (the “Entry Form”) as a “Biggest Heart”. The Nominator is nominating the Entrant, not himself or herself, to win a prize.
The Entry Form can be found at www.VoteBiggestHeart.com. The Entry Form must be filled out completely, and in English. Entry Forms that are illegible, incomplete, or not in English will be disqualified. To complete the Entry Form, Nominators will be required to answer questions about themselves and the Entrant, including describing why the Entrant has the “Biggest Heart”.
By entering this Contest and agreeing to these Official Rules, each Nominator represents and warrants that he or she is the person listed on the Entry Form and the author of the Entry Form submitted in connection with the Contest. Nominators agree to fully indemnify Promoter for all damages incurred as the result of the use of another’s image, photograph, or written work. Entry Forms may not be offensive or defamatory, as determined by Promoter in its sole discretion. Promoter is not responsible for incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete entry of information or for entries which are lost, late, delayed, misdirected, electronically garbled, damaged, incompletely received, otherwise defective or lost in cyberspace due to any reason, all of which will void the entry. Proof of sending will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Promoter. Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this Contest and award a prize from entries received up to the time of termination or suspension, for any reason, including, but not limited to, should a virus, bug or other causes beyond Promoter’s control, unauthorized human intervention, malfunction, computer problems, phone line or network hardware or software malfunction, which, in the sole opinion of Promoter, corrupt, compromise or materially affect the administration, fairness, security or proper play of the Contest or proper submission of Entry Forms.
Entry Forms must be submitted online by the deadline indicated within each Contest category. All Entry Forms must be submitted during the Contest Entry Period to be eligible.
- NUMBER OF ENTRIES. Each Nominator may submit up to ten Entry Forms and may nominate only one Entrant per form. The Entry Forms of Nominators who are determined to have submitted more than ten Entry Forms or to have nominated more than one Entrant will have Entry Forms exceeding the original ten submissions disqualified. An Entrant may be nominated by more than one Nominator; in that case, Nominators’ Entry Forms will be combined as one Entry. An Entrant is not eligible to win more than one prize.
- CONTENT REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY FORM. All content in Nominator’s Entry Form must be entirely original. Once the Nominator has submitted his or her Entry Form, the entry is final and may not be modified or edited. Nominators are solely responsible for transmission of Entry Forms and assume all risk that such Entry Forms are not received by Promoter or are received incomplete. Promoter shall have no liability or obligation with regard to Entry Forms which are not received, or are received incompletely, without regard to the reasons for such incompleteness or non-delivery.
- CONDITIONS OF ENTRY. As a condition of participating in the Contest, and by submitting an Entry Form, Nominator warrants and represents that the Entry Form and all of its content: 1. is original and owned by Nominator; 2. contains all necessary rights and permissions from persons other than the Nominator who are referenced on the Entry Form; and 3. does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy, or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party. Promoter’s determination as to whether the content of the Entry Form potentially violates the rights of any third party, made in its sole discretion, is final.
- HOW DO I WIN? In its sole discretion, a panel of judges appointed by Promoter will select a single grand prize winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”) per category (collectively the “Winners”) from among the Entrants, based upon the information provided by the Nominators and supporting voting information. Winners will be selected based on, in order of importance, alignment with the Biggest Heart theme, creativity, emotional appeal and overall response quality. Promoters will attempt to contact the Winners and their Nominators by phone and/or email, using the information provided on the Entry Form. The selection of the Winners will be announced to the public throughout the campaign as posted and concluding all categories by a date of March 31, 2018. If Merrimack Valley Credit Union is unable to get in touch with the chosen winners, the prize that such Winner would otherwise have received is irrevocably forfeited, and Promoter may award the prize to another Entrant using the same procedure described above. Odds of winning depend upon the number of Entrants nominated, votes received and the judgment of the panel of judges appointed by Promoter. Winners are subject to verification of eligibility and identity per these rules which must be completely satisfactory as determined by Promoter in its absolute and sole discretion.
- WHAT CAN I WIN? Each category winner will receive: 1. A $500 donation check made out to the non-profit organization of the Winner’s choosing. The non-profit organization must be a recognized 501-c3 charitable organization. 2. A personal prize related to the category of the nomination. Estimated value of the personal prize is $100. Winners may not request prize substitution or cash redemption. Prizes are not transferable. Promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize, or variations of any part of a prize in its sole discretion. Promoter makes no warranties or disclaimers concerning the prizes beyond those customarily given by Promoter or already given by third parties in connection with any part of the prizes.
- REQUIREMENTS OF CATEGORY WINNERS. As a precondition to the award of the donation and personal prize, Category Winners and his/her Nominator must: 1. Return Consent and Release Agreements, executed by Category Winner and his/her Nominator. 2. In the Consent and Release Agreement, Category Winner and his/her Nominator will be required, wherever lawful, to agree in writing that: 1. Promoter may use the name, image, likeness and persona of Category Winner and his/her Nominator in any print, Internet and television advertising, filming behind the scenes, and interviews. All such photographs, audio or video recordings and/or related material shall be the property of Promoter. 2. Promoter has the ultimate right, in its sole discretion, to make the final determination on all aspects of any photos, audio, or video recordings of Category Winner and his/her Nominator, including the ultimate use or non-use of the images and/or recordings. 3. Nominator assigns or licenses the intellectual property rights in his or her winning Entry Form to Promoter. 3. Category Winner and his or her Nominator will be required to commit to participate in the Contest without any compensation (other than the Prize) or right of approval. Such participation may include, but is not limited to: 1. Participation in and assistance with (including providing personal photos and information as requested) photo, audio, and video appearances as reasonably requested by Promoter for a period of up to one year after Category Winner’s selection as Category Winner; 2. Participation in media interviews and/or mentions in press releases for a period of up to one year after Category Winner’s selection as Category Winner; 3. Inclusion in print, television and online marketing and promotional materials for a period of up to one year after Category Winner’s selection as Category Winner; 4. Indefinite use of Category Winner and Nominator’s names, likeness and statements in online channels, including but not limited to Promoter’s website, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media accounts. 5. Category Winner and his/her Nominator must agree in writing to such other provisions as Promoter may reasonably require, in its sole discretion. In the event the Category Winner and/or her Nominator fail to complete any of the aforementioned requirements, such Category Winner may be disqualified and the Category Prize and Donation may be awarded to another Entrant, in Promoter’s sole discretion.
- ADDITIONAL TERMS. Promoters and their promotional and advertising agencies shall have no liability and shall be released and held harmless by Nominators and Entrant(s) for any damage, loss or liability to person or property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, nomination or participation in this Contest.
- PRIVACY. Information Nominators and Entrants provide to Merrimack Valley Credit Union will be used to communicate with Nominators and Entrants regarding this Contest and otherwise as set forth in these Official Rules, as well as to contact Nominators and Entrants at a later date with respect to products or services that the Promoters believe may be of interest to them. By submitting an entry, all Nominators and Entrants acknowledge and agree that the personal information that they have provided will be maintained on the Merrimack Valley Credit Union’s server and/or the server of those responsible for administering the drawing, all in accordance with the Merrimack Valley Credit Union’s Privacy Statement available at https://www.mvcu.com/files/merrimack16/1/file/MValley%2080745%20PrivacyFINAL.pdf
Any Entrant wishing to have their Nomination removed from the Contest web site may do so via email or written request. It is the sole responsibility of the Entrant to ensure delivery of the email request, and confirmation of the receipt of such message. Any request for removal of an Entrant will be honored and executed within a timely 7-10 day period.
- DISPUTES. Each Nominator and Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resorting to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court within the State of Massachusetts; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Nominators or Entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and Nominators and Entrants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Nominators, Entrants and Promoters in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Massachusetts, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law, rules or provisions (whether of the State of Massachusetts or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Massachusetts.
- HOLD HARMLESS. By participating in the contest, you agree to release and hold harmless the Promoters and their employees, officers, affiliates, agents, and advertising and promotional agencies from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of actions, or losses of any kind resulting from your participation in this Contest, including infringement of intellectual property rights. Merrimack Valley Credit Union. and each of its employees, directors, officers, affiliates, agents, and advertising and promotional agencies assume no responsibility or liability for any damages, injuries, claims, causes of action, or losses of any kind resulting in whole or in part from this Contest.
- PROMOTER. Merrimack Valley Credit Union, PO Box 909, North Andover, MA 01845 is the Promoter of this Contest. Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Contest at any time and substitute another promotion in its place.
- CONTEST RESULTS AND OFFICIAL RULES. To obtain the identity of the Winners and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. © 2017 Merrimack Valley Credit Union. All rights reserved. Contest Entrants and Nominators are hereby authorized to copy these Official Rules on the condition that it will be for their own personal use and not for any other commercial purpose whatsoever.